Friday, February 12, 2010

Is it true that the majority of gay ppl spend their lives without even a single relationship ?

It depends.Is it true that the majority of gay ppl spend their lives without even a single relationship ?
In my personal experience the answer is no. Most gay people have a couple of serious relationships between 21 and retirement...just like straight people.





My partner (of 18 years) is -- by definition -- my most serious relationship...we own property together and would be married if the law allowed it...but we aren't always together physically (mostly because of our jobs) and we also own property separately from each other. I see very little difference between our behavior (as a couple) and that of straight couples of similar class and background.





To your point, though: I think life is much, much tougher for the average young gay person than it is for the average young straight person: before adulthood the world hands straight kids dozens of practice opportunities to meet %26amp; socialize every day; gays rarely get any. They are forced to make do with a square peg for a round hole (bad pun intended)...feeling alone and weird...until adulthood when they can group together and recapture the youth they missed growing up in the hell of Straighttown USA.Is it true that the majority of gay ppl spend their lives without even a single relationship ?
it wouldn't surprise me if there are many people that never get into a relationship because they can not accept themselves.





i have never been in a real relationship but it is not because i can not accept myself. i have always been very anti-social and i just never really put myself out there. some people have a mental break down if they are not pair bonded for 1 day. it doesn't bother me so i guess i just have no overwhelming drive to jump into random relationships.
Just like with heterosexuals, it depends on the individual person.


It depends on what you call a relationship. Do you mean exclusive dating, married, or mutual bed buddy? What about friendships? Those are all relationships as well.





As for me, %26amp; 100% of the people I know who are gay, the answer is NO. Just like the answer for most straight people would be no as well.





EDIT:


Since you define living togetther with someone as a relationship, then the answer to your question is still NO. Thanks for the clarification.
No, that would be the majority of Catholic clergy.
No. Gay people (including LGBT as well) are, first and foremost, human beings. And all human beings need to love and be loved.
God no! I'd say they have multiple relationships! Tens of thousands of them! Millions even!





Are we through with stereotypes yet?








Edit....








I'm sorry. Is this supposed to be a serious question?





If it is, then in my experience, then the answer would be, no. Most of the gay guys I know have had, or are having long-term relationships.
Not even slightly remotely true. At all.
No.
No.
Nope. Been with my partner for nearly 24 years.
Nope.
No





Only the sad ones
can your question be anymore stupid? wtf....

No comments:

Post a Comment